The 'Big' Dako Island

Dako, in our own dialect as Surigaonons would mean ‘big’. Trying to figure out if it was really the biggest islet among the several others in Siargao, we visited the so-called Dako Island. Same as the other islands in Siargao, Dako had fine white sand and crystal clear water.

As I was attempting to examine the beauty of the place, I saw a family playing wind surfing. With all the gadgets they had, I could say that they were very rich enough to spend time there. They didn’t appear wealthy only but looked foreigners as well.

So we took a few more steps from where I’ve seen that view. When I got closer, I’ve realized that I must have seen the older guy before who looked like a father. His face was so familiar to me. I couldn’t get into my senses where and when but I know at that time that he was famous. Later did I know that he was ABS-CBN’s Chairman and President Gabby Lopez. I said to myself that that place must be world-class because even one of the richest people in the Philippines have known such a secluded place in the archipelago. It was not surprising though since Dako island is one of the Philippines finest and the biggest among the islets.
2 Responses
  1. Jenniflower Says:

    It is truly beautiful!!! :)


  2. Bonitoo Says:

    Wow.. Beautiful island. Hold on, bali's rival is coming.. ;)

    Nice post!